The compressor on your air conditioner is the first stop for the refrigerant. Inside the compressor, the refrigerant is compressed from a low-pressure, cool gas into a high pressure, hot gas. The refrigerant is then moved into the condenser to cool. If the compressor begins to malfunction, your air conditioner will not be able to cool the air that comes into your home. The compressor cannot function correctly due to a few reasons, these include:
- Bad Capacitor
- Clog Or Leak In The Refrigerant Line
- Poor Electrical Connections
- Faulty Compressor
- Poor Installation
Why a Compressor Problem Cannot Be Ignored
Since your compressor is vital to ensuring a cool, comfortable home, any problems with the compressor itself cannot be ignored. If your compressor is still working, but your energy bills are rising, the issue will only get worse until the malfunction is fixed. In the worst-case scenario, your compressor can fail to function completely, leaving you with a huge problem.
How Are Compressors Repaired?
Our technicians are trained to know how to repair and diagnose compressor problems. Here is how we handle common compressor issues:
Bad Capacitor– The capacitor in the compressor helps give it the boost of power it needs to start working. If your capacitor is bad, your compressor will not receive the necessary power. We will replace the capacitor and test the compressor.
Clog Or Leak in the Refrigerant Line– The compressor cannot work if an insufficient amount of refrigerant is not present. We will check the lines and repair any leaks or clogs that we encounter.
Poor Electrical Connections– If the connections to the compressor are not sound, the compressor may only function intermittently or constantly. We will check all of the connections and ensure that your compressor is functioning properly.
Faulty Compressor– If your unit has a faulty compressor; it may be due to poor maintenance or a recall on the compressor. We will test the compressor to determine if it is faulty and replace it as needed.
Poor Installation– Improper installation can wreak havoc on your air conditioning unit. We will check to make sure that the installation is correct and make any necessary adjustments or replacements.
Age– Your compressor works hard to cool air in your home. Overtime, it can breakdown and deteriorate. If this is the case, replacing the compressor with a new model can often solve your problem.
With every repair, we will check to make sure your unit is functioning correctly and provide you with any guarantee or guarantee paperwork that you are entitled to receive.
About Arco Comfort Air
Since 1955 Arco Comfort Air has been Cleveland’s local neighborhood heating, cooling and air duct cleaning contractor. With over three generations of experience we are here for you to solve your heating, cooling and air quality needs. We proudly serve Cleveland area homeowners and businesses with exceptional service, quality and upfront pricing. Our long lasting and impeccable reputation as Cleveland’s leading heating and cooling contractor will give you peace of mind knowing your home is in good hands with us. Here are just a few reasons why our customers come back to us time and time again:
- You will always receive an upfront price from us in writing before we start work and you will never be surprised with any additional charges or hidden fees.
- We have a 24/7 in house service department with emergency service
- We provide training and education on all HVAC products we install
- All technicians are factory trained and authorized
- All of our trucks carry all common necessary parts – respecting your time and avoiding unnecessary trips to the supply house.
- We custom design systems with your comfort in mind
- Recently awarded the Angie’s List Super Service Award for customer satisfaction.
- We are members of of Angie’s List, the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and other major trade organizations and local chambers of commerce