If your air handler is no longer working, you notice that your air handler is constantly running or you know that your air handler needs service; you need to call a technician right away. Air handlers help move the air through your ductwork, providing you with a cool home environment. Air handlers can have several things go wrong including:
- Faulty Blower
- Bad Electrical Connections
- Damaged Coils
- Dirty, Clogged Or Wrong Sized Air Filter
Ignoring an Air Handler Problem
Ignoring an air handler problem can be catastrophic. Having your air handler serviced is not something that can or should be put off. If your air handler is not functioning, than the air conditioner cannot work properly, meaning all of the other components such as a compressor or condenser will have to work overtime. This can cause damage to more than just your air handler, leading to costly repairs.
How Are Air Handler Problems Addressed?
Faulty Blower– The blower moves the air through your ductwork and into your home. Bad wiring, damaged capacitors or fins can all lead to the handler not working correctly. We will diagnose your blower and make any necessary repairs.
Bad Electrical Connections– If an electrical connection is loose or faulty it can cause the handler to continuously operate, regardless of the temperature in your home or cause intermittent operation. We will fix any poor connections and test the handler to ensure the repair was successful.
Damaged Or Dirty Coils– The coils within your air conditioner work to cool the air as it passes over them. If the coils are damaged or dirty, the air cannot cool efficiently. We will clean the coils and replace any damage we find.
Dirty, Clogged or Wrong Sized Air Filter– Before the air enters your home; it needs to pass through an air filter. If you fail to change your air filter or if the air filter is the wrong size, the air will not be able to pass into your home efficiently. We will change the air filters and fix any damage caused by the clogged filter.
Age– As with anything, air handler has a useful life. If you are constantly making repairs or if you know that, your air handler is older than 20 years it is time to consider replacement.
All of our repairs are guaranteed and we will not leave until you are satisfied with the job.
About Arco Comfort Air
Since 1955 Arco Comfort Air has been Cleveland’s local neighborhood heating, cooling and air duct cleaning contractor. With over three generations of experience we are here for you to solve your heating, cooling and air quality needs. We proudly serve Cleveland area homeowners and businesses with exceptional service, quality and upfront pricing. Our long lasting and impeccable reputation as Cleveland’s leading heating and cooling contractor will give you peace of mind knowing your home is in good hands with us. Here are just a few reasons why our customers come back to us time and time again:
- You will always receive an upfront price from us in writing before we start work and you will never be surprised with any additional charges or hidden fees.
- We have a 24/7 in house service department with emergency service
- We provide training and education on all HVAC products we install
- All technicians are factory trained and authorized
- All of our trucks carry all common necessary parts – respecting your time and avoiding unnecessary trips to the supply house.
- We custom design systems with your comfort in mind
- Recently awarded the Angie’s List Super Service Award for customer satisfaction.
- We are members of of Angie’s List, the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and other major trade organizations and local chambers of commerce