Dryer Vent Cleaning

While you may religiously clean out your lint trap every time you run your dryer, it is still important to have the vent running to the outside of your home cleaned on a regular basis. Overtime the vent can become clogged with lint and other debris, causing a fire hazard and putting your family in danger. Dryer vent cleaning can:

  • Help Prevent Fire
  • Keep The Area Around Your Dryer Clean
  • Increase The Efficiency Of Your Dryer

Why Should I Have My Dryer Vent Cleaned?

According to some studies, your lint trap catches only about 75% of the lint that is produced by running your dryer. The other 25% of the lint is deposited in the vent that leads out of your home, on the back of the dryer and around the base of your dryer. Lint is highly combustible and can catch fire when exposed to the extreme heat produced by running the dryer. If the lint completely blocks your dyer vent, the heat will build up and can damage your dryer or reduce its ability to dry your clothes.

It is estimated that up to 15,000 fires are caused by dryers in homes each year. If the lint inside the dryer combusts, you may not even know there is a problem until it is too late. The National Fire Protection Agency suggests that homeowners have their vents cleaned by a professional on an annual basis. Dryer vent cleaning is not something that should be done by a DIY enthusiast. At Arco Comfort Air we are trained in cleaning out dryer vents completely and have the tools needed to reach through any bends and turns in your dryer vent system.

How Are My Dryer Vents Cleaned?

Our technicians will pull out your dryer and clean any accumulated lint from the base and back of your dryer. We will also clean the lint trap and insert a tool to remove any lint caught in the trap housing. After removing the duct from the back of your dryer, we will clean it and remove the connection at your wall. We use a special brush and vacuum to remove the lint and any other debris from the vent itself and will clean from the opening in the wall to the outside opening. We may also use video technology to get a good look into the vent to make sure there is no removing lint. We will then reconnect your dryer.

Do not put your family at risk; call Arco Comfort Air today to have your dryer vent cleaned.

About Arco Comfort Air

Since 1955 Arco Comfort Air has been Cleveland’s local neighborhood heating, cooling and air duct cleaning contractor.  With over three generations of experience we are here for you to solve your heating, cooling and air quality needs.  We proudly serve Cleveland area homeowners and businesses with exceptional service, quality and upfront pricing.  Our long lasting and impeccable reputation as Cleveland’s leading heating and cooling contractor will give you peace of mind knowing your home is in good hands with us.  Here are just a few reasons why our customers come back to us time and time again:

  1. You will always receive an upfront price from us in writing before we start work and you will never be surprised with any additional charges or hidden fees.
  2. We have a 24/7 in house service department with emergency service
  3. We provide training and education on all HVAC products we install
  4. All technicians are factory trained and authorized
  5. All of our trucks carry all common necessary parts – respecting your time and avoiding unnecessary trips to the supply house.
  6. We custom design systems with your comfort in mind
  7. Recently awarded the Angie’s List Super Service Award for customer satisfaction.
  8. We are members of of Angie’s List, the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and other major trade organizations and local chambers of commerce